Monferrato is the international homeland of wine and Asti is the capital par excellence and it offers many opportunities.
There are many events which animate Monferrato during the course of the year, above all in summer and fall, when the famous white truffle of Asti becomes an absolute protagonist of the meal.
PALIO OF ASTI
Palio of Asti is a magnificent picture and more than one thousand two hundred participants of the parade make the city center alive with historical fidelity for a day and recreate the medieval glories of ancient Asti.
Twenty-one horses on a hempen rope, the city covered with flags, and the propitiator Eve dinners are the ingredients that make the thousand years tradition appointment the most attended event of September in Asti.
Palio is run in Alfieri Square always on the first Sunday of September.
AND MUCH MORE …
- Vinissage –organic wines event ( in May)
- Competition and National Exhibition of Selected wines Douja d’Or (2nd week of September)
- Festival delle Sagre (Enogastronomic folk fest 2nd weekend of September)
- Regional Truffle Fair and cuisine and cellar (3rd weekend of November)
- Astiteatro – international theatre review (end of June / beginning of July)
- Astimusica (July), Festival delle Sagre (Enogastronomic folk fest 2nd Sunday of September)
It is not possible to make a detailed list of all the historical events, fairs and markets, you just need to come and visit us; maybe following one of the itineraries suggested by the Strada del Vino Astesana http://www.astesana-stradadelvino.it/ or Astiturismo www.astiturismo.it